Following are some of the decisions passed by the Cabinet in the meeting held at Mintokgang today:-
ROADS AND BRIDGES DEPARTMENT
1. Approval and sanction of Rs.102.04 lakhs for payment of land compensation and other standing properties for construction of 18 meter span steel bridge over Tharey Khola, 12 meter span steel bridge over Salaley Khola and 20meter span e steel bridge over Bala Khola along Assam Pakyong road in East Sikkim.
2. Approval and sanction of Rs.87.43 lakhs for construction of approach road to Bethesda Church at Sang in East Sikkim.
3. The approval and sanction of Rs.44,74,69,808/- with additional sanction of Rs.56,83,979/- for upgradation, improvement and carpeting of Pakyong-Machong-Rolep Road km 1st to 35th.
HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
4. Approval and sanction of Rs.4,06,61,000/- for construction of Food Court at Kamrang Government Degree College at Namchi.
5. Approval and sanction of Rs.4,09,50,000/- for infrastructure development at Tharpu Senior Secondary School, West Sikkim.
6. Approval and sanction of Rs.35lakhs for construction of two roomed school building at Darap Senior Secondary School in West Sikkim.
7. Approval and sanction of Rs.1.45 crores for construction of eight roomed school building at Mangshilla Senior Secondary School in North Sikkim.
BUILDINGS AND HOUSING DEPARTMENT
8. Approval and sanction of Rs.179.50 lakhs for construction of Annexe Building/Extension of the Phase-II Block at the High Court Premises, Gangtok,
9. Approval and sanction for an additional amount of Rs.1,58,39,017/- for revised estimate for construction of the Community Centre at Jorethang, South Sikkim.
RURAL MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
10. Approval and sanction of Rs.2057.33 lakhs as Grants-in- aid to Zilla Panchayats and Gram Panchayats for payment of salaries, administrative expenses, notified entitlements of Panchayats etc.
11. Approval and sanction of Rs.59.57 lakhs as reimbursement of Environment Cess for the project – Pilgrimage cum Cultural Centre, at Solophok, Namchi.
12. Approval and sanction to (i) purchase and distribute GCI sheets for 1900 additional beneficiaries at a cost of Rs. 5,05,12,260/- (ii) Distribution of house up-gradation grants to additional 1499 beneficiaries @ Rs 20,000- per beneficiary at a cost of Rs. 299.80 lakhs.
TOURISM AND CIVIL AVIATION DEPARTMENT
13. Approval and sanction of Rs.2,44,83,098/- for acquisition of land for tourism projects under Tumin-Lingee in South Sikkim.
14. Approval and sanction of 2.45 crores as Grants-in-aid to be released to i) Institute of Hotel Management, Sajong, Rumtek,
ii) Indian Himalayan Centre for Adventure & Eco-Tourism, Chemchey, iii) Tathagata Tsal, Rabongla, and iv) Siddheshwara Dhaam, Namchi.
15. Approval and sanction of Rs 22 lakhs for making of murals of Lord Shiva and Lord Buddha on the rock fascia at hill side of Mining Dara, Rangpo, East Sikkim.
DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AND CLIMATE CHANGE
16. Approval and en-bloc sanction of Rs.126.27 lakhs for the implementation of project – Mass production and propagation of large cardamom for livelihood sustainability of rural people in Sikkim using Biotechnological interventions.
17. Approval and en-bloc sanction of Rs.35 lakhs as Grant -in- aid to Sikkim State Council of Science and Technology for the financial year 2017-18.
ANIMAL HUSBANDRY, LIVESTOCK, FISHERIES & VETERINARY SERVICES
18. Approval and sanction of Rs.32,32,027/- as land compensation at Hathidunga, West Sikkim for construction of Veterinary Dispensary.
19. Approval and sanction of Rs.74.74 lakhs only for implementation of Rural Backyard Poultry Scheme under National Livestock Mission.
20. Approval and sanction of Rs.150 lakhs for construction of Rainbow Trout Mother Unit at Uttarey, West Sikkim.
FOREST ENVIRONMENT AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
21. Approval and en-bloc sanction of Rs.224.618 lakhs for implementation of Centrally Sponsored Scheme -Integrated Development of Wildlife Habitat of Sikkim.
22. Approval and sanction of Rs.35 crores for implementation of works under Sikkim Ecology Fund and Environment Cess during the year 2017-18.
23. Approval and en-bloc sanction of Rs.63.15 lakhs for implementation of the project “Mountain Hiking Trail including resting sheds and camping area from Phoktey Dara Chewabhanjyang to Uttarey under Maneybong-Dentam in West Sikkim.
ENERGY AND POWER DEPARTMENT
24. Approval and sanction of Rs.24.15 lakhs for acquiring 1600 square feet of land for the work -Drawing of 66 KV transmission line including construction of 2×7.5 MVA, 66/11 KV substation at Marchak in East Sikkim
25. Approval and sanction of Rs. 764.36 lakhs for electrification of the Chenrezig Singkham Riwo Potala at Sanga Choeling, Pelling, West Sikkim.
26. Approval of the following for payment of compensation of land and damages in regard to Right of Way pertaining to construction of the Sub-Stations and Transmission lines under Comprehensive Scheme for Strengthening of Transmission and Distribution lines and Sub-Stations in Sikkim:-
i. Standard (Minimum) rate of land @Rs.300/sqft for rural areas and Rs.500/sqft for Municipal Areas.
ii. The proposed rates shall be applicable to the Comprehensive Scheme for Strengthening of T&D lines and Sub-Stations in Sikkim and other allied centrally funded time bound ongoing projects of the department as one time relaxation.
Iii. In case of any land price being above the standard rate (minimum rate), the same shall be taken up on case to case basis.
DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL, ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS, TRAINING AND PUBLIC GRIEVANCES
27. Approval to change the nomenclature of Sikkim State Draughtsman, Planning Assistant and Planning Officer (Recruitment, Promotion and Seniority) Rules, 2013, as Sikkim State Draughtsman (Recruitment, Promotion and Seniority) Rules, 2017.
ECCLESIASTICAL AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
28. Approval and sanction of Rs.97,59,528/- for supply of uniforms and exercise copies to Monastic Schools, Sanskrit Pathsalas and Traditional Art School for the year 2016-17.
FOOD &CIVIL SUPPLIES & CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
29. Approval and sanction of Rs.2,08,36,140/- as State share component under NFSA for transportation, handling, movement of food grains and fair price shops’ margin for 2017-18.
SOCIAL JUSTICE EMPOWERMENT AND WELFARE DEPARTMENT
30. Approval for change of location of one Model ICDS Centre cum Public Service Facilitation Centre. The proposed AWC is New Market, AWC, Pakyong by renovating the existing defunct Rural Product Marketing Centre under SRDA, RMDD.
31. Approval and sanction of Rs.238.80 lakhs as grant –in- aid to different Commissions and Boards under the administrative control of Social Justice, Empowerment and Welfare Department.
32. Approval and sanction of Rs.505.59 lakhs for implementation of schemes / programmes under Special Central Assistance to Tribal Sub-Scheme for the year 2017-18. (Post facto)
LAND REVENUE AND DISASTER MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
33. Approval and sanction of Rs.76, 74,000/- to be released to Sikkim Geo-tech Society for implementation of various component of Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme during the current financial year.
COMMERCE AND INDUSTRIES DEPARTMENT
34. Approval and sanction of Rs.10 crores for implementation of a new credit linked promoter’s contribution financial assistance scheme -Chief Minister’s Startup Scheme for development of new entrepreneurial ventures and self employment opportunities for unemployed Sikkimese youth and school drop outs.
35. Approval and sanction of Rs.10,48,63,754/- for construction of Electronic Voting Machines and Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trails Warehouse in the four Districts of the State.
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
36. Approval and sanction of Rs.175.80 lakhs and transfer it to Centre for Research and Training in Informatics account as 20 % State share of State Data Centre Scheme.
FOOD SECURITY AND AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
37. Approval and sanction of Rs.660.67 lakhs for implementation of National Food Security Mission on rice, pulses and coarse cereals.
38. Approval of Annual Action Plan under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sichayee Yojana (PMKSY) amounting to Rs.746.62 lakhs.
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CARE, HUMAN SERVICES & FAMILY WELFARE
39. Approval and sanction of Rs.88,48,000/- towards procurement of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy machine of KARL STORZ for STNM Hospital, Gangtok.
40. Approval and sanction of 1 crore for implementation of Chief Ministers’ Comprehensive Annual and Total Check-up for Healthy Sikkim (CATCH) for the financial year 2017-18.
41. Approval and sanction of Rs.10,02,36,378/- towards purchase of medicine and consumables for the year 2017-18.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE REVENUE & EXPENDITURE
42. Approval and sanction of Rs 27.45 crores as enhancement of Dearness Allowance to the State Government employees and Dearness Relief to the Pensioners from the existing rate of 136% to 139% with effect from 01.07.2017 in accordance with the recommendations of the 4th State Pay Commission.
DEPARTMENT OF PRINTING & STATIONERY
43. Approval and sanction of Rs. 4,63,93,033/- subject to adjustment of balance amount of Rs. 1,13,93,033/- for procurement of New Komori Enthrone 429 Brand -4 Colour Offset Printing Machine through STCS.
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION & PUBLIC RELATIONS
44. Approval and sanction of Rs. 22,92,080/- for publication of Coffee Table Book entitled “The Journey so far at Raj Bhawan” .
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
45. Approval and sanction of Rs.29.54 lakhs for conducting localised IT Domain specific training to the IT officials of State.
RURAL MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
46. Approval and sanction of Rs.5574.40 Lakhs for taking up 233 Water Supply Schemes and 57 Repairs / Renovation of existing Water Supply Schemes at a cost of Rs. 425.61 lakhs.
FOOD, CIVIL SUPPLIES & CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
47. Approval for setting up of a Technical Engineering Cell in the Department .
URBAN DEVELOPMENT & HOUSING DEPARTMENT
48. Approval and sanction of Rs.280 lakhs for construction of Parking-cum-Haat Complex at Uttarey, West Sikkim .
ENERGY & POWER DEPARTMENT
49. Approval of rates for land compensation in respect of comprehensive scheme for strengthening of transmission and distribution lines and sub stations in Sikkim.