Following are some of the decisions taken in the Cabinet meeting that was held today at Samman Bhawan:-
1. Approval for release of Rs.1 crore as Grants-in-aid to 12 Cooperative Societies for construction of infrastructure.
BUILDINGS AND HOUSING DEPARTMENT
2. Approval and sanction of Rs.75.26 lakhs for extension of Ashirwad Bhawan in the Raj Bhawan Complex.
HEALTH CARE, HUMAN SERVICES & FAMILY WELFARE DEPARTMENT
3. Approval and sanction of Rs. 42.99 crores towards establishment of Tertiary Cancer Care Centre at Multi Speciality Hospital, Sichey.
4. Approval and sanction of Rs. 8,39,31,000/- for construction of Community Health Centre Building at Soreng .
5. Approval and sanction of Rs.22,45,979/- for purchase of furniture, mannequins, models and other instruments for Sikkim Nursing College.
6. Approval and sanction of Rs.92 lakhs towards establishment of Haemodialysis Unit at Namchi District Hospital.
7. Approval and sanction of Rs.30 lakhs to carry out Research/Study on suicide and drug substance abuse during the current financial year, 2018-19.
8. Approval and sanction of Rs.555.2894 crores for construction of new Medical College at Sochakgang .
ROADS AND BRIDGES DEPARTMENT
9. Approval and sanction of Rs.1, 16, 38,111/- with additional sanction of Rs.32,53,665/- for diversion of Namchi-VoK-Sikip Road at Kamrang College.
10. Approval of Rs.40.80 crores and additional sanction of Rs.10.37 crores for improvement & carpeting of Reshi-Legship -Bermiok road.
11. Approval and sanction of Rs.267.38 lakhs for construction of new link road from Krishna Mandir to Taaza PMGSY road under Pakyong Sub-Division.
12. Approval and sanction of Rs.548.59 lakhs for geometric improvement, protection, drainage and carpeting from Jogi Dara turning to Dentam school and Lidung Village to Alpine Cheese factory in West Sikkim.
HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
13. Approval and sanction of Rs.21.48 lakhs for vertical extension of Multipurpose hall at Government Secondary School at Lower Syari.
14. Approval and sanction of Rs.75.80 lakhs for construction of four roomed school building at Takshang Primary School under Amba GPU in East Sikkim.
15. Approval and sanction of Rs.68.82 lakhs with additional sanction of Rs.22.77 lakhs for construction of six – roomed school building at South Regu Secondary School.
16. Approval and sanction of Rs.45.21 lakhs for construction of four roomed school building at Kaiyong Primary School in East Sikkim.
17. Approval and sanction of Rs.1008.90 lakhs for implementation of Mid Day Meal Scheme in Sikkim during 2018-19.(Post facto)
18. Approval and sanction of Rs.20.42 lakhs for construction/development of playground at Pakkigaon Secondary School in West Sikkim.
19. Approval and sanction of Rs.30.91 lakhs for extension of playground and additional fencing at Kabrey Secondary School in South Sikkim.
20. Approval and sanction of Rs.15.18 lakhs for extension of playground and construction of gallery at Namchi Girl’s Senior Secondary School.
21. The proposal seeks administrative approval and financial sanction of Rs.18.95 lakhs for construction of four roomed school building at Yangsum Senior Secondary School in West Sikkim.
22. Approval and sanction of Rs.67.89 lakhs for construction of six roomed school building at Kharpaney Primary School in West Sikkim.
23. Approval and sanction of Rs.51.05 lakhs for construction of Principal’s Quarter and ground upgradation at Namthang Senior Secondary School .
24. Approval and sanction of Rs.50.07 lakhs for construction of Multi-Purpose Hall with two roomed School building at Government Primary School, Singithang, Namchi.
25. Approval and sanction of Rs.65.83 lakhs for construction of fifteen roomed school building at Government Junior High School at Upper Yangang
26. Approval and sanction of Rs.1,66,23,279/- for procurement of text books from NCERT and CBSE for Classes VI-XII for the academic session 2019-20.
27. Approval and sanction of Rs.43.32 lakhs (for construction/upgradation of school ground with pavilion at Padamchey Secondary School .
28. Approval and sanction of Rs.34.90 lakhs for construction of four roomed school building at Badamtam Primary School in South Sikkim.
29. Approval and sanction of Rs.69.99 lakhs for procurement of lab equipments for 70 Government Secondary and Senior Secondary Schools during 2018-19.
30. Approval and sanction of Rs.49.95 lakhs for procurement of sports equipments for 194 Government Secondary and Senior Secondary Schools during 2018-19.
31. Approval and sanction of Rs.47.54 lakhs for construction of seven roomed school building at Sekrep-Budang Junior High School in West Sikkim.
32. Approval for regularization of 17 Assistant Professors in different subjects in various Government Colleges of the State along with creation of 8 new posts of Assistant Professors.(Post facto)
33. Approval and sanction of Rs.6.50 crores as grant-in-aid to CCCT, Chisopani and ATTC, Bardang and post facto confirmation of the sanction of Rs.2 crores released to these institutes.
DEPARTMENT OF SPORTS AND YOUTH AFFAIRS
34. Approval and sanction of Rs.29,53,000/- as Cash Incentive Awards to 86 Meritorious Sports Persons(53 National & International and 33 Zonal & NE Games).
FOOD & CIVIL SUPPLIES & CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
35. Approval and sanction of Rs. 38.63 lakhs for protective work and carpeting of parking yard at Singtam Food Godown.
WATER SECURITY & PUBLIC HEALTH ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
36. Approval and sanction of Rs.72.31 lakhs for rehabilitation of sewer line from Zero Point near Directorate of Handloom & Handicrafts up to Development Area Road,Gangtok.
37. Approval and sanction of Rs.1,36,55,600/- for immediate raising of RCC Manhole Chambers along National Highway & Indira Bye Pass, in Sewer Zone I & IV, Gangtok.
ENERGY AND POWER DEPARMENT
38. Approval and sanction of Rs.2309.62 lakhs for up-gradation and modernization of power distribution network of Namchi and its surrounding areas with high voltage distribution system .
39. Approval and sanction of Rs.1570.57 lakhs over the original approved cost of Rs.3383.04 lakhs for design, engineering, supply, erection, testing, commissioning of 132 KV Transmission Line from Lower Lagyap Hydel Project to Sherathang.
40. Approval and sanction of Rs.36,33,007/- for repair works at 66/11 KV substation at Pachey after breakdown of 10 MVA,66/11 KV power transformer at Pachey, Pakyong.(Post facto)
41. Approval and sanction of Rs.28,70,781/- for repair of 10 MVA power transformer at Pachey, Pakyong.
ECCLESIASTICAL AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
42. Approval and sanction of Rs.50 lakhs for construction of Sangag Choling Gonpa Tindharey, Bhasmey, East Sikkim.
DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL HUSBANDRY, LIVESTOCK, FISHERIES AND VETERINARY SERVICES
43. Approval and financial sanction of Rs.29, 80,076/- for distribution of 51 milch cows, chemical free feed, milking cans etc.
44. Approval and sanction of Rs.22,62,700/- for establishment of modern abattoir for poultry birds at Malli Dara in South Sikkim.
45. Approval and sanction of Rs.25 lakhs for implementation of the programme -Incentivised support to 150 progressive piggery farmers- as per their demand made during 32 days’ tour of HCM .
46. Approval and sanction of Rs.115 lakhs for implementation of following schemes under Border Area Development Programme:-
i) Establishment of Dairy Farm (Community) at Latong,Lachen amounting Rs 70 lakhs and
ii) Skill development training for angora wool production at Lachen, amounting to Rs 45 lakhs.
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
47. Approval and sanction of Rs.89,33,000/-for development of Sikkim Government Services Portal.
DEPARTMENT OF MINES, MINERALS & GEOLOGY
48. Approval and sanction of Rs.35,13,174/- for implementation of various projects proposed to be carried out during the current financial year 2018-19.
FOOD SECURITY AND AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
49. Approval and sanction of Rs. 649.866 lakhs for implementation of National Food Security Mission on rice, pulses, coarse cereals, nutri cereals and oilseeds.
DEPARTMENT OF FORESTS, ENVIRONMENT & WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT
50. Approval and sanction of Rs.50 lakhs for beautification of Gangtok with the objective of: i) maintaining prioritized locations in the city ,which are MG Marg ,Naya Bazar and Zero Point, ii) Maintenance of flower pots on the over-bridges in the city.
51. Approval and sanction of Rs.37,88,700/- for face-lifting of New Sikkim House and Old Sikkim House, New Delhi.
52. Approval and sanction of Rs.1,56,23,928/- for payment of land compensation for Judicial infrastructure at Kyongsa, West Sikkim.
53. Approval and sanction of Rs.48,81,635/- for setting up of temporary Court Building for Civil Judge-cum-Judicial Magistrate at Rangpo, East Sikkim.(Post facto)
URBAN DEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING DEPARTMENT
54. Approval and sanction of Rs.90.75 lakhs for construction of Multipurpose Hall and allied Works at Hee Bazaar in West Sikkim.
55. Approval and sanction of Rs.535.40 lakhs for construction of Kissan Bazaar cum car parking Plaza at Gyalshing in West Sikkim.
56. Approval of Rs.239.17 lakhs with additional sanction of Rs.7.76 lakhs for up-gradation of Rorathang Bazaar, East Sikkim.
57. Approval and sanction of Rs.100 lakhs (Rupees one hundred lakhs) for procurement of 8728 Compost Bins-ECOBINS of model Regular Composer Kit 20 L through SIMFED.
DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL, ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS, TRAINING AND PUBLIC GRIEVANCES
58. Approval for creation of posts vis-à-vis framing of Service recruitment rules namely Sikkim State Sub-ordinate Urban Development and Housing Department Service Rules.
COMMERCE AND INDUSTRIES DEPARTMENT
59. Approval and sanction of Rs. 62,41,500/- for implementation of three Cluster Development Project under North East Region Textile Promotion Scheme (NERTPS) in Sikkim by Sikkim Handloom and Handicrafts Development Corporation Ltd.
WATER RESOURCE AND WATER DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
60. Approval and sanction of Rs.3611.26 lakhs for implementation of 2391 different rural and urban schemes.
DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL, ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS, TRAINING AND PUBLIC GRIEVANCES
61. Approval for creation of posts for regularization of left out temporary employees of Department of Information Technology who have completed 10 years of service as on 31.03.2013.
ENERGY AND POWER DEPARTMENT
62. Approval of the following with regards to construction of 132KV GIS Bays at PowerGrdi 400/220/132 KV pooling station at New Rangpo for the 132 KV Chuzachen to New Rangpo Double Circuit Transmission Line:
1. Revision of rate of interest on mobilization advance to match the Prime Lending Rate of interest of the Power Finance Corporation of India.
2. Acceptance of Authorization Letter issued by Hyosung Corporation, Korea and clauses included in the bidding document vide: Vol-I/S&I/ITB/SSTE/Rev3-June 2012 in place of POA.
63. Approval and sanction of 1.85 crores for repair and re-commissioning of damaged 10 MVA Transformer-II alongwith replacement and revamping of critical 66 & 11 KV equipment at 2×10 MVA,66/11 KV Bulbulay Sub-Station, Gangtok.
RURAL MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
64. Approval and enbloc sanction of Rs.15 crores to take up activities proposed under the Critical Gap Funding and provisioning of State Share amounting to Rs.1.50 crores in proportion to the release by the Central Ministry.(Post facto)