On the concluding day of the on-going session of Sikkim Legislative Assembly, the Bills that were introduced yesterday were passed by the House. Apart from the First Supplementary Demands for Grants for 2017-18, the following were also passed:-
1. Sikkim Public Records Bill.
2. Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Sikkim Amendment) Bill.
3. Sikkim Preservation of Rabies-Free State Bill.
4. Sikkim Online Gaming (Regulation) Amendment Bill.
5. Sikkim Prevention of Cow Slaughter Bill.
6. Tashi Namgyal Academy Board (Amendment) Bill.
7. Sikkim (Livestock & Livestock Products Control) Amendment Bill.
8. Sikkim Anti-Drugs (Amendment) Bill.
9. Demands for Excess Grants/Appropriation for Expenditure of Government of Sikkim relating to the financial year 2010-11.
You will notice that the above legislations are not only for the welfare of the people of Sikkim but we have also included protection and welfare of animals in our development goals. I am sure such steps will lead to positive results in the coming days.