I attended the Zangdokpalri Temple Door installation ceremony of Denjong Mindrolling Gumpa at Tumlong, North Sikkim.
The following are the highlights of my address:-
1. Outlining the various fields of developments that have taken place during the last 24 years of our governance, I emphasized on our endeavour to make Sikkim an exemplary State in the Country.
2. I urged the gathering to incorporate and practise the teachings of Buddhism in their lives instead of only limiting themselves to prayers and worship.
3. ‘Dharma’ is incorporating righteousness as a way of life, which means doing the right thing and delivering right action. It is the moral law that teaches us to find the right way of living and having correct attitude towards every situation in life. ‘Dharma’ must never be used to gain political mileage or garner votebanks. It should teach love and not hatred; unite people and not divide.
4.We all should follow ‘dharma’ to keep ourselves away from all non-violent activities. I therefore, urged everyone to be good individuals and do good ‘karma’ for the wellbeing of our society and the State at large.
5.The State Government has treated each and every community of Sikkim equally and no individual or community is discriminated on the basis of caste, creed, religion etc.
6. I also spoke on our policy of free education upto college level, establishment of monastic schools and Buddhist University, construction of monasteries and statues, salaries of monastic teachers made at par with primary teachers and various other initiatives.
7. I urged the Zilla Adhyakshas, Up- Adhyakshas, Zilla members and panchayats of North District to be pro-active in supervising all concerned for early completion of all CMRHM houses and other ongoing public related works. They must visit the work sites and monitor the works in order to ensure quality control.
8. The Sate Government has requested the Union Government numerous times to grant permission for His Holiness the 17th Karmapa, Ogyen Trinley Dorji to visit Sikkim. I also read out in public the letter sent to me by His Holiness informing about his inability to visit Sikkim, as requested by us in March 2018 since he is undergoing medical treatment in USA presently.
9. The State Government has taken various initiatives towards conservation of environment with organic farming being one of them. This form of agriculture is environmentally-friendly, sustainable and is based on the Buddhist concept of non-violence.
10. I announced for grant of pension of Rs.1000 to those individuals of Sikkim above the age of 50 years who engage themselves in organic farming.